Monday, September 17, 2012

I love Chocolates.... a Lot ...



When I’m tired and sick, the very first thing that comes into my mind is to...look for a chocolate. Yes. That's right... Chocolates really make my day, especially when I’m on my down moments. When I'm tired, a piece of chocolate will relieve my stress. Did I say a piece? Hmmn, I think I should rephrase that. A bar of chocolate will do..LoL.


I was been exposed to chocolates since I’m a little girl. Though not the expensive ones, but some local chocolates like that of "block busters", "curly tops", etc... I actually got this habit from my mom, who usually looks for sweets every after meal, considered to be our dessert then. I once told myself, "When I will have my own work, I will make sure that I'll taste every kind of chocolate I can find!" Wow, that's a very high dream (for me then), coz I knew some chocolates are expensive enough for me to be able to buy some.


Glad that I can now taste some of these chocolates I once dreamt of. Thanks to all my sponsors (Good Friends, Relatives, Special someone) who really don't forget to give me some when we are seeing each other, or when they are travelling outside the country, or when they just love to.(nice) :> Well, I can say that I have a very shallow happiness, but yes, a chocolate can make me simply happy...


Enough of that little dream I had.
Do you know that eating chocolates can also have its advantages?
Yes, of course it has, see details below who focuses on Dark Chocolate Advantages.


1. It's loaded with antioxidants 
Dark chocolate contains hefty amounts of disease-fighting flavenoids, antioxidants also found in red wine and many fruits and vegetables. In fact, it appears to have more flavenoids than any other food. 

2. It helps you through PMS 
"There's a reason we crave certain foods, such as chocolate, at that time of the month," says Toronto-based raw foods coach Nathalie Lussier. "Chocolate releases calming endorphins that reduce anxiety. Plus, it's high in magnesium," which lifts moods and reduces water retention.

3. It may lower cholesterol 
A small study from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign found that daily consumption of cocoa flavanol-containing dark chocolate lowered cholesterol and improved blood pressure. While the reasearch was funded by chocolate manufacturer Mars, Inc., the study was double-blinded and peer reviewed. 

4. It may prevent pregnancy complications 
A new study reports that a chemical (theobromine) found in chocolate may reduce preeclampsia, a major pregnancy complication. The darker the chocolate, the better. Preeclampsia is primarily noted for raising blood pressure in pregnant women, and eating chocolate helps to lower this risk by up to 69 percent.

5. It helps prevent heart disease 
A recent study shows that people who regularly consume 70% dark chocolate (about 20 g per day) show a marked improvement in blood flow, while no improvement is observed in those who eat "processed" chocolate, which contains very little cocoa paste.

6. It may improve your skin 
Researchers at Germany's Heinrich Heine University exposed chocolate eaters to ultraviolet light and found that after six weeks, they had 15 percent less skin reddening than those who didn't eat it. "We believe the compounds in chocolate act as UV filters," says study leader Wilhelm Stahl. After 12 weeks, the chocolate eaters' skin was 16 percent denser and 42 percent less scaly.

7. It may reduce pain 
A recent study published in the Journal of Neuroscience found that rats don't respond as quickly to pain while they're eating chocolate. While this might explain why nothing in the world could drag you away from your Hershy's Kisses, the study's researchers say this pain-killing effect could be detrimental to humans as it could contribute to obesity.

Chocolates not only creates cavity on our tooth (because children are lazy having their teeth brushed). It's also nice to know their advantages.
So, happy eating... :>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. Hi ann :)
    ahahha I agree.. When I'm having my hard days.. :) #PMS,
    It is a big help!! :D
    For the love of chocolates.. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete